2/01/2014

Lesson 19, Q6~Q8


Third day: Read Matthew 18:6-14.
Q6
a. What does Jesus say about how serious it is to cause a “little one” to sin?
“It would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”
b. Read Mark 9:38-42. How was John in danger of harming a “little one”?
“Teacher,” said John, “we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.” “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward. “And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.
John and other disciples rebuked someone not in their company who driving out demons in Jesus’ name. It may because they were jealous, so they discouraged that guy. Therefore, John and other disciples were in danger of harming a “littler one”.

Q7, Read Romans 14:13-21; 15:1-2.
a. How could these verses help you to strengthen “little ones” in your church?
Jesus said, Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us. Not to exclude, reject, or judge anyone but always encourage those who follow the name of Jesus in the church.
b. List things parents can do or fail to do that are “stumbling blocks” to their children in God’s sight.
I am not a parent but I guess when we expressed our disagreements to someone in church because who has done something not match our expectation it can led us a stumbling block to them.
c. (Personal) List things that cause you to stumble, which you will ask God to help you remove from your life, even if it feels like cutting off your hand or foot.
Be sentimental about someone or something I lost on earth that discourages me to concentrate on the kingdom of heaven.
Q8, What comfort, blessing, encouragement or command do you receive from Matthew 18:10-14?
Sometime I worried about the pressure from this earth too much. I found it a big blessing that “for whoever is not against us is for us”. I will remind myself to get rid of the negative thought that the earth may not really against me, but for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment