11/11/2014

2014 BSF "The Life of Moses" Lesson 9, Q7~Q10

FOURTH DAY: Read Exodus 23.
Q7.
a.
Not blindly follow the crowd in doing wrong, be strong and wise in God. Analyze those things in God’s way not by man’s way.
b.
Sabbath laws and keep festival 3 times a year in remember God who brought them out of Egypt, be careful to do everything God have said, rest in Sabbath for worshiping God, offer the firstfruit to God.
c.
God’s character shows in demanding the people to help the poor (merciful), not put any innocent person to death (justice), rest the fields (wisdom), and He is the only God and worth all our worship (sacred).
Q8.
20 “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve the LORD. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.
The angel is God in person, Jesus is given the authority to judge in God’s Name.
Q9.
a.
11 “I wills” (22, 23, 25, 26 27x2, 28, 29, 30, 31x2).
b. God promised:
20 “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.
22 If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.
23 My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them out.
25 Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,
26 and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.
27 “I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run.
30 Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.
31 “I will establish your borders from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, and from the desert to the Euphrates River. I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you.
c. God require:
21 Pay attention to him (the angel) and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him.
24 Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces.
25 Worship the Lord your God, 
32 Do not make a covenant with them or with their gods.
33 Do not let them live in your land.

Q10.
a. How do you see God’s patient and wise care of Israel in verses 27-30?
God’s patient and wise care of Israel is shown in His detail plan to help them take possession of the land by confusing their enemies, sending hornet to drive enemies out, and waiting for Israel increase enough.
b. How have you experienced God’s patience and wisdom as He has helped you battle one of your spiritual enemies?
God has been always patient to me when I was confused by the pressure from my work. Again and again He showed mercy and guidance to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment