1/13/2014

Lesson 16, Q6~Q8


Q6 Explain Matthew 15:11 in your own words. What lesson do you learn? (See Mark 7:14-19.)
Nothing that enters a person’s stomach can defile them. For it doesn’t go into their heart. But anything that enters a person’s heart defiles them.
Q7
a. About what did the disciples warn Jesus?
Pharisees were offended when they heard what Jesus said.
b. What promise did Jesus give in reply?
Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.
c. Along with the promise, what warning did Jesus give?
Pharisees’ rules and teaching would be pulled up by the roots, because they are not from God.
d. Why did Peter not understand the parable (Matthew 15:13-15)?
I don’t know. Maybe he’s dull or he thought it’s alright to wash hand before eating.
Q8
a. Read Mark 7:20-23. In your own words, list the things Jesus said defile a person in God’s sight.
We encounter many things in our life including good and bad, but it won’t defile us a good or bed person. We are defiled by our good or evil deeds and whether we have the true or false faith.
b. (Personal) Read 1 John 1:6-10. What things have defiled you? Have you confessed them to God and received His cleansing?
Because I confessed myself a sinner and my true faith will lead me to be purified by the blood of Jesus hence I will be defiled as a righteous person.

No comments:

Post a Comment