1/27/2014

Lesson 18, Q9~Q11

Fourth day: Read Matthew 17:14-21.
Q9, Give the following details of what happened when Jesus came down the mountain:
a. The person who came to Jesus
A father whose son has seizures and is suffering greatly.
b. The person’s request
Ask Jesus to have mercy on his son and to heal him.
c. The ones who previously failed to help
The disciples.
d. Jesus’ reply
“You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.”
e. The person’s confession (Mark 9:24) Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe;
Help me overcome my unbelief!
f. Reasons for the previous failure
His unbelieving.
Q10
a. What measure of things is possible for believers in Jesus Christ?
If we have faith in Jesus Christ (even as small as a mustard seed), nothing will be impossible for us because God is with us.
In Matthew 19:26 - With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
In Jeremiah 32:27 – I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”
In Luke 1:37 – “For no word from God will ever fail.
b. How would you describe the difference between the “little faith” Jesus condemned and the “small faith” He blesses?
To be of “little faith” I guess it means “lack of faith”. Nevertheless, to be of “small faith” as small as a mustard seed in Matthew 13:31-32 - The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planed in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree. Therefore the small faith will grow bigger as the faith is a blessing from God if we trust and obey Him.
c. For what do you need faith?
I need faith to wait for God’s timing for the unanswered prayers because God says, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer (Matthew 21:22).
Q11, What lessons will you apply to your life this week from Matthew 17:14-21?

My faith maybe small but it will grow and be able to move a mountain become nothing will be impossible if Jesus is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment