9/19/2014

2014 BSF "The Life of Moses" Lesson 2, Q8~Q9

FOURTH DAY: Read Exodus 2:15-22.
Q8. Why did Moses agree to stay in Midian?
Reuel gave his daughter Zipporah to Moses in marriage. Zipporah gave birth to a son of Moses.
Q9.
a. What does the name of Moses’ first son tell you about his attitude toward life in Midian?
His son named Gershom, saying, “I have become a foreigner in a foreign land.” In Moses’ heart Midian was not his home.
b. When have you ever felt like a foreigner or stranger somewhere?
When doing my postdoc training in New York City I was a foreigner there for four years.
c. What did you learn or what did God teach you in that place?
I couldn’t achieve a thing just by my decisive heart or diligent work. I need the strength from my God. I must learn to live a life dependent on God only.
d. How was God preparing Moses to deliver the Israelites from Egypt?
When Moses first came to Midian the people saw him as an Egyptian but not a Hebrew. Later Moses settle down and became a real foreigner in Midian, so he could better understand the felling of the Israelites lived as foreigners in Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment