9/27/2014

2014 BSF "The Life of Moses" Lesson 3, Q5~Q6


THIRD DAY: Read Exodus 3:11-22.
Q5
a. Give the two ways Moses objected to God’s commission in these verses.
1: I am nobody. How can I go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt. [11 “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”]
2: You are my God but the Egyptians don’t know You though. What shall I tell them about You? [13 “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”]
b. What was God’s answer to these two objections? Give verses for each.
1: I am nobody. 12 God said, “I will be with you.”
2: What shall I tell them about You? 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
c.  Which of God’s answers encourages you most today and why?
God will be with us and let us know what to say. So we don’t need to worry how to glorify His kingdom by sharing gospel to people.
Q6.
a. Read John 8:58-59. How do these verses compare with Exodus 3:14?
In John Jesus said, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
In Exodus God said, “I am who I am.”
b. What do you learn about the Lord Jesus Christ from these verses?
Jesus is God Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment